Sunday, October 21, 2007

i don't want to use the computer .. because tomorrow is o levels already but .. its too difficult ! ahahas .. the click five is driving me crazy . im a new self-declared the click five fan :D whahahas ..

at first when i was listening to the click five's new song i was like eh ! its a little different .. no matter how i can keep replaying and comparing the new song and the old song its different . the style is the same but the voice is different . then when i heard today's replay for top 20 in987fm i was oh ! no wonder . the click five's have changed the lead singer ! i was searching hard in the web but all they give was the old information then wahah i found the new singer's name finally in amazon.com . kyle patrick ! he's soo cute :D and he's tall ! lols ..

this is his uh .. my space website http://www.myspace.com/kylekylepatrick
the click five's my space website http://www.myspace.com/theclick5

cant believe my luck .. i just typed his name in then i found it immediately .. lucky yeah ? xD a interview with kyle patrick about his experience in click five ! yay !

Arjan: You must have had an amazing few months since you joined The Click Five. When did you become an official member the group?
Kyle: I met the guys in November of 2006 and they asked me to officially become a member of the band in February of this year. I have been around these guys for 8 or 9 months now and it has been great. I was in my third year at the Berklee College of Music in Boston and dropped out to do this.

So it was more important to be a pop star than to finish school?
[Laughs] Yeah, you can say that I guess. I felt after three years in music school I got out of it what I needed.

Did you always want to make music professionally?
Definitely. I started playing the guitar when I was eight years old. Ever since I performed at the age of eleven or so and got a crowd reaction, I freaked out and totally loved it. So from that point on I knew I wanted to be a musician.

Are there specific artists that have inspired you?
My dad was into a lot of classic rock stuff that he turned me on to, like Derek & The Dominos, Cream, Eric Clapton and James Taylor. That’s what formed my performance and songwriting skills.

Back in 2005, The Click Five was known for always wearing matching suits. What happened to them?
Those are out the door! We have kept our vision of dressing up for our shows though, and having that classy look with a rock edge to it. We still wear suits and pieces of suits. We just have evolved and grown up I guess. Our clothes are made for us so they have this cool tailored look. We don’t have stylists. We do most of it ourselves.

So you are a handsome group of guys, who gets most of the girls?
[Laughs] Well, Joey recently got a girlfriend so that is one shark less in the pond so to say. Let me just say that we all like to have fun and meet new people.

You’re a very attractive guy. Was it an odd experience for you to be thrown into the spotlight and have screaming fans in front of you?
I have been performing for a while, but this was a huge change for me. Not only because I get to play for a lot more people, but also to have people that are really, really into what we’re doing. The group really has a few superfans and to have that sort of thing behind you is really amazing.

Were you a fan of The Click Five before you joined them?
I knew of them because they were from Berklee as well. So I knew the band name but I did not really get into their music. I kick myself now for not paying attention to them earlier, because knowing them know, I must say they are amazing musicians.

When you joined the band, were most of the tracks for the album already written?
Yes, most of them were. They wrote actually 80 songs in total over the last few years. They narrowed it down to 12 songs for this new record. Before I formally joined the band, I co-wrote the song “Empty,” which is the last track on the album and writing it together was a bit of bonding experience for us.

The Click Five’s music is filled infectious melodies. What defines a good pop song you think?
For us a good pop song is a song that is based on a real experience that translates to a catchy melody and a good chorus. It also must be dynamic and move you. Dynamic means that a song has both high points and low points. The high points stand out more with the low points. That is what creates that uplifing feeling in a good pop song.

Do you have a favorite track on this record that you like to perform?
The one that I like to perform and that the crowd really likes is “Headlight Disco.” It is such a fun song to play. It has a great message and we have a blast performing it. That’s a highlight for us.

That’s definitely a surprising song on the record because of its style and synth-oriented production.
Yeah, exactly. Originally that song wasn’t going to make it on the record. We talked about it with our A&R person and people at the label and we convinced them to include this track because it is different and it turned out really, really cool.

credits : http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwrites/2007/08/interview-with-.html

next is a cool interview with kyle patrick again .. well .. it is said in there that he is sleeping in the basement .. ahahs .. poor thing .. but he seems to like it . oh well =/

http://www.theywillrockyou.com/news/index.php/interviews/kyle_patrick_of_the_click_five/

upcoming events of the click five in singapore xDD

Tue Oct 23rd 8pm - MTV Ask "The Click Five Live"
- First ever live webcast done in MTV's studios(open to everyone!)
Oct 24th 8pm - TV Guest appearance - Ch 5 "Live The Dream" Grand Finale
- This is the official "Live The Dream" website. Updated info on how to enter to win audience tickets for the show & a meet & greet with the band will be posted any second!
Oct 25th 7:30pm - 987FM "The Click Five" Showcase @ Ministry Of Sound, The Cannery
- Tune into 987FM to catch them Live at Ministry Of Sound
- This is for 987FM winners & by invitation only...so keep listening to 987FM to win your invitation!!!
- Under 18's allowed, until 9pm when Club rules will apply
- MOS Members will be able to enter (priority given to winners & Invitation holders)
Oct 25th - "The Click Five" Modern Minds & Pastimes Album Signing Session - After showcase @ Ministry Of Sound
- Fans who bought the new album limited edition, with the special invitation inside, this is for you to thank you for your support!!
- Please register at wms.theclickfive@gmail.com by Oct 21st.
- Please bring along your album & invitation (one per person) on the day, and to be fair to everyone, we will only be able to sign one album or item per person.

credits : http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=10548353&blogID=318182793

kyle patrick in the face book http://www.facebook.com/p/Kyle_Patrick/20801119

No comments: