Sunday, December 28, 2008

Japan Trip Part TWO :D

Can't believe I'm so lazy to even blog . LOL :X Okay okay . Lets see . Maybe I should start on the Japan Trip Day 2 post . I'm still trying to get pictures from JESSICA ! :X She's ignoring me ): I think she's too lazy to upload the pictures :P Because there are SO MANY . LOL . Most of my pictures are with her I guess . My handphone battery just die so easily there . Its too COLD ! We even tried to use heatpads to warm our own handphones :X LOL :P 

And I realised something really awful . I can't remember the correct sequence of everything that happened x.x Gosh . So there might be errors . Just live with it :X

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Thursday, 11 Dec 2008 (Day 2)

Finally, after that long plane ride, Japan ! A place that I've always dreamt to go even when I'm awake . 



The bus that we went on ! :D



The view of Japan xD







We reached .. somewhere that I can't remember :X And had lunch . The first lunch of Japan ! xD



Even the Bento Box makes the food look really appetizing :D



Fried pumpkin, Salmon, Carrots, Egg, Tofu and Rice xD

I ate salmon for the first time in my life and unexpectedly its really good . Sweet . Not those kind of really SWEET but just a  .. YEAH . You know what I mean :X LOL .



Was walking down the stairs . And yeah ! Saw this really cool thing . I think they made it like this so that there would be better grip or something xD

After that, we went to Diet of Japan . No . Not that DIET that girls always seem to go on but it is Japan's bicameral legislature . We've learnt a lot about the structure of the parliment . It is also similar to other countries' .





A model of the entire Diet of Japan .







I'm finally wearing my Levi's . LOL . Difficult to catch me wearing it in Singapore . Oh wait . That's not the focus of the picture :X LOL :P





Japan's scenary is JUST SO GOOD that we'll take pictures EVERWHERE .



Look at this walkway . Its just a normal street out there . However to us, we felt like its some kind of .. How do I say it . I mean it feels to surreal . Gosh . Could just take a million of pictures there .



The front view of Diet of Japan 





Who's she pointing to ? :P

Next, we went to attend a "seminar" at Ministry of foreign affairs . There were many students from other schools such as HCI, VJC, RJC and others .



Mr Lak having his speech on his point of view .



For a whole hour or so, we discussed about the exchanges between Japan and Singapore . Many people fell asleep I guess :P But I guess I was still okay . A little used to it ever since Pre-U seminar . It was quite interesting actually .

Finally, it was DINNER ! Everyone was like PHEW . Dinner ! LOL .










Seafood . Eew . To make it worse, RAW ones . I gave mine all to YinWai, the art student sitting beside me . A lot of people gave him too, in the end he have like so many portions . In the end, Kyung and him were like feasting on them . They ate so MUCH seafood ! Regina and I teased YinWai saying that they don't in the middle of the night go borrow our toilet to use because our room is opposite of theirs . LOL . Too much raw seafood . But seriously they ate A LOT . I heard that HuiLing ate a lot too . They are good man !



Dapheny, our dance instructor with her piggy nose !



After dinner was SHOPPING ! First night of shopping . Gosh . There's so many people in Japan . You can get lost THAT easily . And again, the diagonal traffic light thing ! I remembered when I was in Taiwan, I was so shocked and fascinated by it . Then I get to cross it again ! Heh :P



Shopping at Harajuka ! Didn't buy anything at all .







The seniors and Ms Chua :D



The most complicated subway line ever !

Well . Yeah . Not detailed at all because I can't remember what happened at all :X Gosh . My memory seriously suck . Anyways we had ICE CREAM ! Yummy . Know what's the big difference ? The ice cream won't melt . And that feeling is freaking good ! :P

Reflections that I've done on that day ! :D

Although Mr Lak had mentioned in one of the briefings before the trip that the Japanese are really polite, it still fascinated me when I got to interact with them . Everyone were particular about there 'P's and 'Q's . Our tour guide and the guide in Diet of Japan . I think its their form of speech . They would always say thank you and please no matter who is in the wrong . They are really considerate and put others before them . When I say this, I refer to the grown ups . Not I have something against the teenagers but this trait is more visible in the adults . I feel that its because of their working experience that enabled them to adopt such manners .

The thing is that this is really rare in Singapore . When someone knock you while walking, they might even glare at you even though its their fault . But in Japan, they won't be like this . Even if its your fault, they would still apologize for causing you such inconvenience . I realised that because everyone is like this in Japan, we in the end were also influenced . So I think its possible for Singaporeans too . Maybe if everyone makes an effort to be polite to one another, one day we can see this in Singapore too .

No comments: