Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Love is not to let go but hold on ..

Went Jolene's house for steamboat session today . 

WeiQin and I arrived really "early" as compared to the time we would arrive normally . 11.55am, we were at amk mrt already when the meeting time is supposed to be 12pm . So we went to buy Subway cookies first ! :D Because everyone keep saying that white chocolate macadamia is nice, so I decided to get two double chocolate ones and one white chocolate macadamia . Guess its quite nice . Sweet . Not as sweet as double chocolate though . Not a bad choice . Was telling WeiQin that its quite good then she insisted that peanut butter is the best . Oh well . I think peanut buter tastes nicer on bread :P

After that we went to SweetTalk to get a drink . Thirsty . She got peach tea I think . Finally ! Someone agrees with me that pearls ain't nice ><><

Then we went to meet the rest at NTUC Xtra . And we realised that even the organizer didn't wear the "Same Same But Different " shirt when she told us that WE MUST WEAR . So we started shopping for steamboat ingredients ! I was really hyper for no apparent reason . Started to ask them to buy some redundant stuff such as wine and all . WeiQin was like telling Jeannette " Hey . We can buy wine already . We are of age . 18 ! " . The rest were like laughing and ignoring me and walking to the drinks section . Jeannette approached the coke bottles . I immediately halted her . I hate coke ! Besides its really unhealthy with 8 teaspoons of sugar

So in the end, we decided to get Sprite with AppleCranberry juice ! Yummy . I love AppleCranberry . We were on a tight budget so we kept looking out for the cheapest stuff to buy :P Melvin came . Saw him . But he was telling us to keep quiet because he want to scare WeiQin . So he started walking behind WeiQin for so long . When WeiQin turned around, she had that shocked expression followed by a set of really hilarious body actions saying "WOAH" . Quite hilarious :P

XueEr appeared with 2 cans of mushrooms . Jeannette being the "thinker" of the group told her that they shouldn't get so much mushrooms as both Shannon and me don't like mushrooms . I started to argue that we could get golden mushrooms since they are always existent in steamboats . But I couldn't find it anywhere so in the end I gave up .

I tried to pyscho them to buy some weird stuff such as icecream . Pointing to Ben's and Jerry's somemore . XueEr shot me off with two words " No Budget ! " . Well .. That's sad . I wouldn't mind for some dessert :P Yummy . We moved off to the seafood section . I started to take up packets of shrimps and asked YangJie to buy them . He was like " Sure ? You want to eat arhs ? " . I lamed him by replying " Nope . I don't eat seafood . " He gave me that "frozen" face . I mean thats the fun part right :X

Melvin and Shannon started to pyscho the others to get bacon . Bacon is fine . But steamboat doesn't really go with it does it ? Unless there's the hot platter, which would be more of my cup of tea . But yeah . The idea was overthrown in the end when we called Jolene to confirm that she has no hot platter . Sad news for me . Oh well . We started to get more stuff . Fishballs . XueEr and me were arguing for so long whether to get normal fishballs or FuZhou fishballs . I finally won when WeiQin joined my side . I mean COME ON ! FuZhou fishballs rock :X 

I started to pester them as I wanted hotdogs . Jeannette who couldn't stand it anymore went to look for hotdogs with me :D And we found them ! Cheap and nice ones xDD Melvin on the other hand was going insane . He passed me packets of seaweed chicken . I was blur at first and took it then I just remembered that they had to be fried . LOL . Shannon was laughing at how slow I was .

So we moved on to the corn ! Got lots of corns though I ate none at all :X LOL . WeiQin wanted vegetables in it . So I started saying that she's crazy . We asked opinions from others and they joined my side :P In the end we did buy cabbage after a long pestering from WeiQin about vegetables :P

Went to find the bus to take in the interchange . Was complaining that my bag was heavy and asked Shannon to help me carry it :P THANKS ! Muahaha :X Then Melvin and Shannon went to get food while we waited for them . When Melvin appeared, XueEr snatched the packet of food from Melvin immediately and ate it . It was so funny . Melvin was so shocked . Then XueEr said " Thanks for your food, and because of that, I shall give you a dollar . " She passed Melvin two 1000 notes from Cambodia which WERE MELVIN'S in the first place . He was like complaining " My food then my money ! " . LOL .

YangJie was so funny . He made a lot of people misunderstand where was the queue for the bus . Poor thing . He was like scolded by the aunties for nothing :P

We reached Jolene's house FINALLY after such a LONG journey in FairPrice Xtra . Then we started to prepare the food . Took PICTURES ! :D 

First up, we have my evil twin XueEr and Jolene trying to cut chicken or pork or whatever . While WeiQin going over to help Melvin I think :P



What a COZY family busy with preparing food :DD



Look at how SERIOUS YangJie is . I bet he do a lot of cooking at home .



Jeannette, the best cutter :D



Well . Actually YangJie . I don't think he cooks at home . LOL . Because he was criticized :X Then Jolene was no where better slicing the meat into thick slices . I tried to cut but to no avail . So I gave up eventually . In the end I helped wash the other stuff and also got all the chairs ready (:

WeiQin and the other girls got the drinks ready . Juice with sprite . Tastes okay . And anyone wondering why XueEr is my evil twin ? We're wearing the same colour for "Same Same But Different" shirt . She's the evil twin ! Actually we are both evil :X Muahaha . But her evilness is upfront . She insulted me like so many times today ! EVIL ! ><>

While we were busy preparing food, I found a slacker in Jolene's living room ! LOL . Jolene said that he was providing entertainment . So okay . Fine . He's not a slacker xD



It was a terrible experience :X LOL . XueEr started the "gross" thing all together . She bit into the meat, exclaimed that its not fully cooked yet and dump it back into the soup . So after that, we threw whatever we learnt about hygiene and started doing the same thing . LOL . I ate lots of hotdogs and fuzhou fishballs xD It was a real fun experience . I told XueEr next time nobody would want to have steamboat with her already unless she have a own seperate one . A mass tin . LOL :X

After that, went to Jolene's room . She showed us the prom dress she was talking about . It was fine ! I think she worries too much . I thought it was great . Then we started to have the idea about asking Jeannette to wear it . My evil twin started to get really hyper and held on to Jeannette's hands . Then she ordered us to strip her and pull the dress over her . The point is, no one dares to do it . LOL . I mean its weird :P Heh . So in the end we made a deal saying that if one of the guys wear it, Jeannette would do it too . I knew it wasn't going to work . But Jolene and XueEr were full of hope, went out and tried to pyscho them . Complete failure . LOL . 

MingSheng came in his fully soaked shirt and really wet hair . Saying that he ran all the way to Jolene's house . He didn't eat much either . Jeannette and XueEr ate a lot . Trying to finish what was left over . XueEr was busying stuffing Melvin with food while he protested that he couldn't eat anymore . I was really exhausted and rest on the sofa . While Melvin started to read the papers and Shannon went on playing his guitar . I heard "Mariage D'Amour" xP

We took lots of pictures but its in XueEr's camera and she's going to Australia today . So I guess the photos won't come in any sooner . OH YEAH . She said " Omg . Your eyes so small . So cute ! " . Thanks -_________- I totally got shot down . Eyes small . How much more to say man . LOL x_______x

Okay . Then we went home I guess ? xD Fun day today ! Heh ~

Been exploring Facebook lately and realised that its much of a useful device as compared to Friendster (: Guess I would frequent it then .

Just checked my e-mail . And saw this mail sent by Cheelin . Touching :DD

Salt Coffee
He met her on a party. She was so outstanding, guys went chasing after her, and while he is so normal, nobody paid attention to him.

At the end of the party, he invited her to have coffee with him, she was surprised, but due to being polite, she promised. They sat in a nice coffee shop, he was too nervous to say anything, she felt uncomfortable, she thought, please, let me go home… Suddenly, he asked the waiter. “Would you please give me some salt? I’d like to put it in my coffee.”

Everybody stared at him, so strange! His face turned red, but still, he put the salt in his coffee and drank it.

She asked him curiously: "Why you have this habit?"
He replied: “When I was a little boy, I was living near the sea, I like playing in the sea, I could feel the taste of the sea, just like the taste of the salty coffee. Now every time I have the salty coffee, I always think of my childhood, think of my hometown, I miss my hometown so much, I miss my parents who are still living there”.
While saying that tears filled his eyes. She was deeply touched.

That’s his true feeling, from the bottom of his heart. A man who can tell out his homesickness, he must be a man who loves home, cares about home, has responsibility of home.

Then she also started to speak, spoke about her faraway hometown, her childhood, her family. It was a really nice talk, also a beautiful beginning of their story.

They continued to date. She found out that he was a man who meets all her demands; he had tolerance, was kind hearted, warm, and careful. He was such a good person but she almost missed him! Thanks to his salty coffee!

Then the story was just like every beautiful love story , the princess married to the prince, then they were living the happy life… And, every time she made coffee for him, she put some salt in the coffee, as she knew that’s the way he liked it.

After 40 years, he passed away, and left her a letter which says: “My dearest, please forgive me, forgive my whole life lie. This was the only lie I said to you—the salty coffee. Remember the first time we dated? I was so nervous at that time, actually I wanted some sugar, but I said salt. It was hard for me to change so I just went ahead.I never thought that could be the start of our communication! I tried to tell you the truth many times in my life, but I was too afraid to do that, as I have promised not to lie to you for anything..

Now I’m dying, I am afraid of nothing so I will tell you the truth: I don’t like the salty coffee, what a strange bad taste... But I have had the salty coffee for my whole life! Since I knew you, I never felt sorry for anything I did for you.

Having you with me is my biggest happiness for my whole life. If I can live for the second time, i still want to know you and have you for my whole life, even if I have to drink the salty coffee again”.

Her tears made the letter totally wet. Someday, someone asked her: "What’s the taste of salty coffee?"

It’s sweet. She replied.

“Love is not to forget but to forgive, not to see but to understand, not to hear but to listen, not to let go but to HOLD ON!!!”

And yah . Love this song :D

Photo - Ryan Cabrera



No comments: