Tuesday, October 14, 2008

for the past i've given up hope on, lead the way for my future to come ..

Can't believe I didn't blog about what happened yesterday . Must have slipped off my mind because when I reach home it was like the aftermath of a war . Still have the aura there yeah .

Mum was really angry with me because I said I would be home by 8.30pm . In the end I only came home at 10pm . Asked dad to help me put in some nice words . Well . But I can't really say its my fault yeah . Blame it on NYNY for their slowness in serving Fried Mars Bars ! ><"

Okays . Before talking about yesterday . Here's a picture of the cute bears in my wardrobe . You're right . I have lots of bars around my house . These are just a handful of them . Because one day, I was opening my wardrobe to get some clothes for a shower and I was greeted by them . Neatly sitted . So cute and cozy together . Couldn't stand the cuteness hence grabbed my phone and snapped a picture of them . Cute yeah :DD



If I didn't remember wrongly, the main lead in front was from Sharine ! ;D and the blue one from Sabrina . Wonder where daddy bear came from . Can't remember . Hee :X

Oh wait . Did I mention that I cut my nails short already ?! Darn . Its SOO short now T_T Well . Had to trim them as they were too long . At first I just wanted to make it shorter . In the end I was like forget it and cut all the way till the whites are GONE ! Kind of sad when I look at them . But it ain't good if its long . Because when I write, I use a lot of force gripping the pen . So the nails would kind of "jab" into my skin . Really hurts a lot when I have to write a lot . But oh well . My nails grow fast . Really fast . Sooner or later it be long again :D

Enough nonsense . I've digressed a lot . Yesterday was a great day to celebrate because EXAMS ARE OFFICIALLY OVER ! 

When I reached school, saw Melvin and Shannon studying . Plus a couple of other classmates hanging around at Wednesday Expresso . So hopped over and chatted with them . Did I mention yesterday's pouring rain ? It was heavy . I wouldn't doubt that . I was literally "swimming" to school . Lucky my new shoes are leather . If not I would end up having my shoes totally SOAKED in rainwater . Which would make matters worse when I'm having exams because its an air-conditioned venue .

Yeah . I saw Melvin and Shannon . So the first thing I did when I walked over was pull Melvin's computing file away and said " Come on . Its too late . Don't study already . " He was like " Yeah . Its too late for you " . Stabbed right in the heart yeah . Normal dosage . Then he continued saying that he would go for the army next year with Jolene . The first thing I said was " She's a girl . " Then he questioned me . " What makes you think she won't go ? " So I retorted . " Come on . We still can retain . You can't . So you're going to army ! " He gave the last shot and stunned me . " What makes you think she can retain ? " And gave that I-Won-Already smirk . Can't win him . Guess being away from us recharges him . LOL .

After that Melvin called Jolene saying that he has good news for her . Coming from him, what kind of good news can it be but knowing Jolene as she is, I was really convinced by my prediction . So I told Melvin confidently " She would come down . I'm sure she will. " And just as I said that, came Jolene walking towards us with the Tell-Me-Because-I-Want-To-Know look . Melvin bursted out laughing . Guess I know my friends well :P So Melvin announced to her the "Good News" which was that Husnain "officially" invited him for the Seoul Garden's gathering . Of course, social butterfly Jolene was stabbed pretty hard this time . And she dragged me up the stairs to outside the library where Jeannette and her were while telling me that " Don't hang out with people like him ! " . It was so hilarious . Made my day before the exams (:

When I saw the first question in the paper, I laughed . Laughed at myself because I was thinking . First question and I don't know how to do already . Guess I'm dead for the rest of the paper . But then at that point, I calmed myself and took a deep breath . It came to my head . Guess I should have figured how to clear my head before doing the papers long ago ! Then I might not have been so screwed for the previous papers . One of the questions was what Shannon asked me in the morning before the paper . "Data bus is 2 way right ? " I was like " Hm .. Yeah . " Lucky he asked me . If not I would not have double checked and make sure I knew what it was about . Got quite a high score for the test for that part . But seriously I can't remember at all . Darn . My memory is that bad huh .

After the paper, went to have a tiny meal with Jolene and others . Then rushed off to meet WeiQin . Main agenda was to get the Eclipse book, get some clothes for her and also eat Fried Mars Bars from NewYorkNewYork, NYNY for short. 

Went to Borders . Didn't get to buy the book . Was pretty upset seriously . I was hopping that I could finally get a copy of it and read my way through these couple of days . But it seems like that dream is dashed . Now, I can only wait for stock to come ! ><" Hope it comes soon . Didn't manage to get clothes for WeiQin too . Went to Far East Plaza after some struggles . Two direction idiots wondering around Orchard . Okay fine . I admit I'm the one . WeiQin is only partial as she was fine before it was renovated . Now with all the renovation going on, she is as lost as me . So we wondered around . And with my "gut" feeling, we managed to get to Far East Plaza . I was like forcing her to say that I rock for that . Far East Plaza . A perfect place if you want to get some Cosplay stuff . Was telling WeiQin that the items they sell looked so gothic and stuff but the shop owners . They are like tonnes of miles away from what they are selling . Kind of ironic and hilarious at the same time .

After that we went to CityHall for NYNY . The most anticipated Fried Mars Bars that everyone has been talking about . Curiosity kills the cat . So we had to try somehow . And there we were . That moment . So excited and anxious over what we would expect . And before that, what we ate of course for the main dish and appetizer .



My dish above . Alfredo with mushrooms and obviously, a roast chicken . Half a roast chicken to be exact . This dish is great . The cheese rock . But the only thing is . The portion is too huge . Throughout the entire meal, WeiQin and me were joking around asking where Jeannette was when we needed her . In the end we even had to play the guessing game to force it down our throats . Reiteration . The dish is good . But the portion . Yeah . Eat with an EMPTY stomach only .



Next, above is WeiQin's dish . Spaghetti with meat balls . The meatballs are beef . Tried some . Delicious dish . The portion is small as compared to mine . The sauce is for people with heavy tastebuds . I mean people who like food that are real tasty you know . But its good I have to say .



French fries with cheese and sour cream . There you might be asking . Whats the difference between this and KFC's cheese fries ? Come on . Look at it and you would understand . No soggy fries . Fresh sour cream . KFC's one is mayonaise or tartar sauce . Either I'm not that sure . And the cheese is of course MELTED . Thats the main point of the entire dish . Love this . 

Now . Hold your throats for the highly anticipated FRIED MARS BARS ! TADAH ! And our comments are .. Its .. fine . Not that AWESOME as what people have described it to be . Actually we felt that Swensens one was nicer . Way nicer . You have to try out Swensens one . This is .. Average I have to say . Both of us felt that the ice cream was the only thing that we felt like putting into our mouths . The "main" part of the dish was however not that attractive . Pardon us if we've offended you . But everyone have different tastes and preferences . And with so many people favoring this dish, it can't be that bad, can it ?



I reached home around 10pm . Got scolded and nagged by my mother . Nearly couldn't make it out of house today for our boardgame cafe meeting . Met up with WeiQin at Sembawang Mrt then made our way to bugis actually but in the end the train said " This train would be terminating at AMK " . Both our faces were -_-" . We alighted in Ang Mo Kio mrt station finding Jolene and Shannon there waiting for MingSheng . So yupp . We waited together . When Jolene called me, she said that they were at the platform, the tail of the train . So we made our way there . Saw Jolene waving like crazy . WeiQin beside me was frantically saying " Tell her to stop it . Tell her to STOP it . " . I was laughing like crazy .

So we waited for MingSheng . Then Jeannette joined us at the ToaPayoh stop . Found two seats so WeiQin and I waddled to them . Oh . And MingSheng cracked a joke . The notice on the train for priority seats ? There's 3 pictures right . MingSheng asked Jolene which of them have longer legs . Jolene couldn't figure out . Then MingSheng answered us saying the middle one which was supposed to be a pregnant lady . He said " The figure is hiding his or her legs in there " . Pretty hilarious I would say .

We used quite a lot of time trying to make our way to The Mind Cafe . What surprised us was that MingSheng knew Singapore better than us . The locals . Okay not really . The truth was that he can read maps and we can't . Thats the gist of it . 

Started to play games . Lots of games . Tried out Taboo, some card games and stuff . There was this card game, with rabbit figurines on it . So when we see the conductor card, we have to stand up . The singer's card we have to cover our ears . Clap and stick out our hands for the two others . So one by one everyone opens a card in their deck and so when we see this special cards we have to do the specified actions . And if we do incorrectly or the slowest , we would take the cards . In the end I got very "high" about it . Was so engrossed in the game . And I deduced my own hypothesis for the game . The older you are, the more cards you have . But that proved wrong when YangJie came so we changed that to those in GSC are slower :P

We played Jenga too . A game of "Uno Stacko" mixed in with truth or dare . So the game go like this . If the block you were trying to pull out made the whole "building" collpase, you have to do a truth or dare with reference to the block .






Us, having fun . It was hilarious . YangJie used the "speed" trick . So it didn't came down even though the block was really "tight" . Good strategy but difficult to perform it well . Because if you hit the other blocks too, goodbye to you . In the end YangJie did a dare . Took a video of it . Shall upload it tomorrow .

After that we played more games . There was this game where you turn over cards each player a turn . Showed how violent some people can be . When there are three similar cards turned over, you would have to snatch for it . So the person with the most cards win . If someone snatches it with you, you would have to say "ugly" 3 times . MingSheng was the winner for all the rounds . He's the silent killer . Makes no noise and doesn't snatch with anyone . Jolene and Shannon were like kids . Snatching cards from each other . Shouting ugly like crazy . So funny . But their eyes are so fast that its kind of scary . Really cool . Melvin sucked in this game . After the game, he was like "tired" . Couldn't believe how hyped we were .

We ended the session with Telepathic I think . Can't really remember the name of it . Shannon paired with MingSheng . Melvin, Xue Er and Jolene in another . Yang Jie and me . And lastly Jeannette and WeiQin . So when we get a card, we have to write whatever that comes to our minds associated to the picture or word shown . YangJie and me had quite good telepathy . We had words similar every round . Cool  . Xue Er's group was hilarious . Jolene was giving out of the world words and it was burdening Xue Er and Melvin because they had the same words but Jolene didn't . But in the end they caught up and eventually won . Shannon's group was the worse . They gave opposite answers or answers that are so different from each other . Jolene commented " English guy will never know what Chinese guy thinking " . So true . They know each other the longest as compared to the other pairs !

Then we left . Went home for dinner after that . Yeahs . Guess its kind of late now . 11.30pm already . Wonder how long did I take to type this post . Pretty long I guess . I'm betting on an hour . Do some maths calculations and you shall get it . Okays .

Bye people . Peace out (: School tomorrow ! xD

Life is so disappointing yet hopes are still carried high . Then these disappointments are well deserved as they are self-inflicted isn't it ?

No comments: